Spolied Alert

 "Colors carry different connotations"

I was watching a show on Netflix" Ratched", and I'm in love with the cinematography of that show. Ratched falls as a slasher/ mystery genre, but what made it different from others was the use of colors. For me, the colors in that show were informative, which they described the mood and the attitude of the character and evoked the viewer's curiosity. 





More context, in this scene, nurse Ratched looked at something that she was not supposed to. She walked out of the room and the whole room turned green, which for me is a mysterious color. My sister and I watched it together and what she interpreted from that was also an interesting interpretation. For her, green stands for disgust, uneasy feelings and also means regretful. Another point that I love about this movie is their sense of fashion. The combination of the outfits' color and the set's color is magnificent. Green and yellow are" secondary colors" and "each consist of two primary mixed together" ( Luton and Phillips page 73)

I love this show so much and fully recommend it for you guys! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diagram

Week 2

Hello